Addition Facts within 10: Swat the Sum
You students will love reviewing their addition facts within 10 with this fun larger-than-life fly-swatting activity.
Pages 4-13 Colored flies 1-10
Pages 14-23: Black/White flies 1-10
Page: 24: “Bug Off” canister label
Pages 25-27: Addition cards
Page 28: Flies for use in a center
Pages 29-30: Follow-up pages
Suggestions for use:
- Choose which flies you want.
- Print them on card stock and/or laminate for durability.
- Cut them out and tape them to a wall. Print the canister label and tape to an empty canister large enough for a child to put his hand in.
- Print the addition cards on card stock and/or laminate for durability.
- Cut them out and put them inside the canister.
- Shake the “bug off” can, have each student draw an addition card and then take turns swatting the sums on the flies.
It’s best if you have a fly swatter, but if not, simply swat them with hands instead.
I have also included a small set of flies that can be used individually in a center. Provide a smaller swatter in that case.