Division Facts Fluency Spin & Win Game
Students will build division facts fluency in this fun partner or small group game. Students will practice division facts with divisors of 1-10 while also reinforcing the concept of greater than and less than. Spinners and print Write & Wipe Boards are included, as well as an assessment/recording sheet.
Instructions for teacher:
Game board (page 4)
Two copies of the division facts spinners (page 5-9)
Write & wipe boards (1 for each player, pages 10-11)
Recording sheet (1 for each player, page 12)
Instructions for playing Division Facts Fluency Spin & Win!:
- Give each player a write and wipe board.
- Select the first player. Place a marker on the “Start” space.
- Both players will spin the spinner on their board. Then, he will write the number that spun in the yellow box on the top level of his Write & wipe board. In the second box he will write the divisor that is being used (this is shown on the spinner card.) Next, he will write the quotient in the bottom level of his Write & wipe board.
- The player that has the highest value moves ahead three spaces.
- The player with the lowest value moves back one space unless he is on the starting space. -In case of a tie, both players move ahead one space.
- The game continues until one player makes it to the end space. Example: For the "divided by 6 game." Player 1 spins: 36 Player 2 spins: 12 -Player 1 will move ahead 3 spaces. -Player 2 will move back one space.
Upper Elementary students will benefit from the review of division facts that this game provides.
Memorization of division facts is vital and this game will give endless opportunities to build division facts fluency.